About this policy
We may amend this policy from time to time without prior notice. You are advised to check our website regularly for any amendments.
We will only share your personal data with any third parties as outlined below. The data will be retained in compliance with the GDPR and other applicable Isle of Man law. Further details on GDPR may be found at the website for the Isle of Man Information Commissioner (https://www.inforights.im/).
Information we collect
The personal data you provide to us, and/or we collect from you:
- Name, address
- Contact details, including telephone numbers and email address
- Criminal convictions
- Participation in competitions and scores
- Club affiliation
- Photographs/videos of sporting competitions and event
How we collect information
The personal information you provide to us, we collect from online submissions and paper documents in the following circumstances, among others:
- When you apply for membership
- When you renew your membership
- When you purchase ammunition or other goods or rent firearms from us
- When you register to receive information from us
- When you interact with us, respond to communications or surveys
- When you enter competitions
- When you attend training courses
- When you attend a corporate day or a guest day event
- When you make enquiries or raise concerns with us
- When you enter into license, leases or contracts with us
Use and sharing of personal information
We use personal information for the purposes of:
- Administering your membership in the Peveril Rifle Club
- Communicating with you about your membership (including renewals), policies, and claims, and responding to enquiries
- Promoting our competitions, events and the sport generally
- Promoting marksmanship
Your personal data:
- Will be used for the purposes of organising and operating the competitions and events and competition entries/results may be published on our website or other public media
- Photographs/videos made during events or competitions may be published in our magazine, on our website or on social media sites
- Will not otherwise be provided to third parties without your consent
Our legal bases for processing your data are:
- Contract: by agreeing to be a member, using our services, making armoury purchases or using our ranges there is a contract in each instance (written or implied) between the Peveril Rifle Club and the individual.
- Legal Obligation: This applies to processing personal data that is disclosed to the police and other legal requests (for example, if an incident is recorded on video and is reported to the police)
- Legitimate Interest: our legitimate interest is upholding and promoting the purposes of the Peveril Rifle Club through its membership as well as the legitimate business interests of the Peveril Rifle Club in supporting such purposes and managing those in a financially sustainable manner. We are committed to promoting all forms of marksmanship in a safe, enjoyable and secure manner.
- Consent: As part of your membership, you are asked to consent to the communications and services you wish to receive from the Peveril Rifle Club. Also, when entering competitions or attending events, you will be asked to consent to using your images for use in publicity related materials. You may withdraw this consent at any time but once published your image will enter the public domain. This does not apply to membership card photographs.
You have the rights to the following:
- To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this is the purpose of this Policy together with any consents provided)
- To access your personal data (you may request a copy of your data)
- To have your personal data corrected
- To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed in certain circumstances
How long we keep your information
- We will keep your information at least as long as you remain a member of the Peveril Rifle Club.
- We may keep your information for up to 7 years after membership expires but may keep it longer for reasons of legal and civil actions or other ongoing case management.
- All other information we may keep up to the statutory period contained in the guidelines which generally is up to 6 years.
- In certain circumstances, such as a claim, information may be held longer for the purposes of processing existing or future claims.
- Data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulation.
- Data, such as competition results, may be published and therefore released to public domain
- Names and scores may be kept indefinitely for reasons of historical significance
How we protect your data?
- We may hold your data in both paper form and on an electronic database
- All electronic data will be held on computers and servers, in the cloud and offsite backups. Our computers and servers are password protected, our cloud based storage is secured with appropriate levels of encryption and our backups are secured offsite.
- Paper copies are kept in locked cabinets in locked offices
- The third party service providers who support our operations, such as IT and mailing services, are either located in the European Economic Area or in a country that has been approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal information and we have entered into contracts for these services that provide requiring that the service provider to safeguard personal information in accordance with European Commission guidelines In the unlikely event of a breach of the security of the data we will notify you promptly
Request to see your personal information and contacting us
We have appointed a data protection officer who will be the point of contact for data privacy related matters who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to know what personal data the Peveril Rifle Club holds or have any other request relating to the personal data the Peveril Rifle Club holds, please contact the data protection officer. We will respond within 30 days following receipt of your request unless your request is very complex in which case we will inform you if this is the case. We may take steps to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
If we fail to comply with any of your requests within the prescribed time limits, you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s office in the Isle of Man.
Each individual member is responsible for keeping the Peveril Rifle Club informed of changes to their data (e.g. address/telephone number etc.) and this is updated at least once a year at renewal and you are at that time authorising the Peveril Rifle Club to hold such data on file. Such changes should be notified to the membership department by emailing email@example.com.